Saturday, March 05, 2016

We did it!

Fantastic news! We made our target of raising CHF 5000 on our 100 Days campaign!
This is just a "first Thank You" to everybody that have contributed so far...more to come when the campaign is officially over- in 20 days time. That means, there is still some time to go, it means that our goal of helping more of the survivors in the community where Janvier lives is very much a possibility. 

The next step now for me is to identify exactly which type of bed Janvier needs and then order it. I already have, of course, a distributer recommended to me my Handicap International. They are based in Rwanda, something which will simplify the process. Then, a local friend will help me with the logistics. 

Hopefully this process can be concluded during this year, if not, early next year, as this is not a fast process. In the end, I really look forward to go back and visit in order to document this project- I will then share this report here with everybody who have supported and helped to make this project a reality!
Janvier at home when I visited with Reverien Rurangwa in January 2014.
#genocide #neveragain #photography #documentary #photojournalism #reportage #webster #nikonpro #ronorp #keystone #photobastei #reverienrurangwa #ibuka #100days #ronorp

No comments: